• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Certified Fire Code Official

Glennman CBO

Silver Member
It seems like I have heard of this Code Official certification, but I scanned the ICC site and was unable to find one.

Has anyone ever heard of this, or is it only in my imagination?

http://www.iccsafe.org/Accreditation/Bulletins/National_Certification_EIB.pdf

Page 35

FM Certified Fire Marshal 60 multiple-choice questions

Prerequisite Examinations—Current certifications for: Exam fee: $180 (P&P); $180 (CBT)

Fire Inspector II Open book—2-hour time limit

Fire Plans Examiner (equivalent to NFPA 1031 Fire Plans I and Fire Plans II)Legal/Management Module

Technology Module

They've changed. There used to be one for Fire Code Official. You had to have Fire Inspector I and II, Fire Plans Examiner and the CBO. I see now they've incorporated all of that with the Fire Marshal Certification.

So, I just renewed my certs, and I carry the CFCO designation, have for last five years or so. Now it doesn't exist? Looking through the bulletin I don't see where they have anything for the Certified Building Code Official either, or the Master Code Professional.

fatboy said:
So, I just renewed my certs, and I carry the CFCO designation, have for last five years or so. Now it doesn't exist? Looking through the bulletin I don't see where they have anything for the Certified Building Code Official either, or the Master Code Professional.
I noticed that too. I have the CFCO and MCP as well. What gives?

Thanks Codegeek...

I plan to order up the CFCO cert and add it to my cert wall. I'm slated for a management position, and this will look nice in my new office.

Glennman CBO said:
Thanks Codegeek...I plan to order up the CFCO cert and add it to my cert wall. I'm slated for a management position, and this will look nice in my new office.
i'm getting ready to pull the plug so i'll send you 15 of mine if you want them?

MCP, etc.. are all just a compliation of certifications that we get to pay extra for when we request it. .. just like all combination certifications.