• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Changes!

RJJ

Co-Founder
Customer Service!

We should see some improved growth with membership going forward. Jeff and I have been discussing some up front changes that will increase our exposure and bring forward new members. If you notice the membership is on the rise. I will not steal any thunder from Jeff. These changes he has been working hard on. I believe we now appear first on a google search.

Remember members any suggestion please feel free to post. We will try to work on anything we believe will improve the site.

Yankee said:
I'd like to see more space in the private message center
Please elaborate.

I will tell you that the PM area is one of the areas that takes up space on the server. We normally limit it to 50 messages saved. What specifically are you looking for?

Have you raised the number recently? Seems like I had to clean it out well before 50 (does the 50 include the sent box also?)

The PM box limit was changed to 100 from the previous 50. If this slows down the server because of over-use and people not cleaning out their PM box I will have to reduce it back.

I hope this helps.

ok, thanks --

Also, what is the use of the "groups" function? I have started a new "group", but I don't see what value it might have. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it and one can't see it unless one is looking at a profile (? )

Unless you get others to join, it has no function. I started on right from beginning and it went nowhere. Look into it. I dont know everything about this board and maybe I can learn something from you. Too many toys on this board!

I would think that 50 mesages saved totally, would be more than enough.........really how many NEED to be saved? Read them, respond if needed, delete them......shouldn't be a problem. Sure, sometimes you want to keep something, copy it into a Word doc and save it on your PC. Don't tie up forum space. JMHO