• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Chapter 5 IECC

chris kennedy

Sawhorse
Do any of you enforce this outside of plan review, meaning have you ever checked the programming of these systems on final inspection?

1. A scheduled basis, using time-of-day, with an independent program schedule that controls the interior lighting in areas that do not exceed 25,000 square feet (2323 m2) and are not more than one floor
Thank you.

I would not check it other than to check it exists and is programmed. I don't think I would go through an in-depth review of every programmed cycle. Just have the electrician cycle through a few of the programs so I can see that it has, in fact, been programmed to some degree.

We don't have any large buildings in my jurisdiction, so occupancy sensors would be the most I have to inspect.

I too only verify the programmable system is in place and functioning. Whether or not the owner / occupant actually uses the programming is not within my control.

TimNY said:
I would not check it other than to check it exists and is programmed. I don't think I would go through an in-depth review of every programmed cycle. Just have the electrician cycle through a few of the programs so I can see that it has, in fact, been programmed to some degree.
Bryan Holland said:
I too only verify the programmable system is in place and functioning. Whether or not the owner / occupant actually uses the programming is not within my control.
Yeah, thats why I asked. I have only installed 1 system I didn't get called back to defeat do to end-user confusion.(That was an IT building, childs play for them)

I would like to hear from others as well.

Thanks