• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Check for an easement

ICE

Oh Well
Southern California Edison has an easement through the city of Chino Hills and they decided to use it. The easement is 60 years old, 150' wide and hasn't been used in the last 40 years. Unfortunately, neighborhoods were built next to the easements and now Edison has erected 200' tall towers that are 6' from some back yards. The lines will be strung with the use of helicopters and carry 500kv. Some of the residents are upset. Wait till they hear the hum. They won't be able to give their houses away.

I have been looking for a house in that area. The houses in the picture were valued at $750k in 2005, $450K three months ago and $0 now. Wow did I dodge a bullet.

DSCN2322.jpg

DSCN2321.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I don't know what I would do, maybe start checking the paper work from my closing...hopefully it wasn't disclosed.

ICE said:
Southern California Edison has an easement through the city of Chino Hills and they decided to use it. The easement is 60 years old, 150' wide and hasn't been used in the last 40 years. Unfortunately, neighborhoods were built next to the easements and now Edison has erected 200' tall towers that are 6' from some back yards. The lines will be strung with the use of helicopters and carry 500kv. Some of the residents are upset. Wait till they hear the hum. They won't be able to give their houses away.I have been looking for a house in that area. The houses in the picture were valued at $750k in 2005, $450K three months ago and $0 now. Wow did I dodge a bullet.

DSCN2322.jpg

DSCN2321.jpg
You can afford a 750K home or for that matter even a 450K home? :eek: