• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Chimney repair....

beach

Gold Member
I'm not a fan of that chimney. "Stop" is right; stop the madness. You can't make this stuff up.

Printed these off for the staff.

Jobsaver said:
I can't believe I spent a hundred on a chimney cap when a cheaper solution was just around the corner . . . er . . . on the corner.
Careful there JS if you utilize the corner resource, you might have to make an entry in the "True Confessions" thread.

Bill

This is a serious question: When he was finished, did he actually use the can of mastic, the mop, and some handy antenna wire to hold the "cap" down so it didn't blow open/away? Or was that just a convenient place to put everything for when they needed to use it again. Tomorrow.