• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

cities to consider also requiring remodeled homes to be retrofitted with fire sprinkl

The traffic issue I mentioned is a very real problem for emergency responders in beach communities. Whether the local officals made the tenuous connection between this and their climate and topography (which attracts all that traffic to the beach) in establishing their sprinkler requirements, I don't know.

permitguy - the mandate verbiage paraphrased: "I can neither confirm nor deny".

I don't believe it was traffic related, there are a number of cities that are not affected by beach traffic that have had sprinkler requirements for new and remodeled homes for quite a while. The "remodeled" or in some instances "re-constructed" sprinkler requirement kicks in depending on square footage added or extent of "re-construction".