• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Code cycle--State of Washington

righter101

Gold Member
Any code enforcers, building officials, plans examiners, and inspectors on this forum in the state of Washington....

As you likely know Washington State SBCC adopts the building codes on the 3 year ICC publication cycle, with a 6 month delay in effective date, and the publications of ammendments.

I am wondering if there is any interest in working to push for adoption of the I-Codes perhaps on an every other code change, basically a 6 year cycle. I realize there is a lot of money involved in the code publications so there would be opposition from those lobbies. I feel that the Washington State Ammendments could continue through out the code cycle for 6 years instead of 3, with the usual emergency ammendments, on an as needed basis.

I am willing to do the research to come up with state wide cost savings estimates, and i believe our legislature and SBCC would not have any particular view either way. WABO and ICC, however, have a financial interest in our purchasing of their books.

Just wanted to get a feel from the other jurisdictions if there would be wide spread support for this, before i expend too much time.

All feedback, even from jurisdictions in other states, is welcome.

Thanks.

John