• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Coffee

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I must admit that every time I go to Italy, I come back a coffee snob. There I only do an espresso in the morning, that's it. At home I drink "brown water" as my cousin from Italy calls it (American coffee). I decided that this time I wanted an espresso maker and a good coffee machine at home since I don't have either. I thought I was going to have to buy 2 machines but ended up getting just one that does it all. Not the cheapest and not the cheapest coffee but to me the best of both worlds and worth it. What the hell, I have empty nest syndrome anyway.

Thank you Nespresso for allowing me to enjoy coffee again.

Quite a difference in price.
Jar ... how did you select that machine? And where do you get your coffee?

Try the bene casa . Very affordable . Comes with the mini carafe for perfect water measuring . I use with Cafe bustello. Around 3 or 4 pm no more in the mornings. Cheers from FL

Try the bene casa . Very affordable . Comes with the mini carafe for perfect water measuring . I use with Cafe bustello. Around 3 or 4 pm no more in the mornings. Cheers from FL

That’s not Italian !!!

In many ways

Last edited:
Jar you are in South Florida just drink the Cuban coffee it is sometimes made with an Italian roast.

Traditional Cuban-style coffee is made using the darker roasts, typically either Italian or Spanish roasts, with the brands Cafe Bustelo, Cafe La Llave and Cafe Pilón being popular. It can be made using an electric espresso machine, but is commonly made with a moka pot.[1][5]

I had the cuban coffee when i was doing a project in miami, it’s sold in miniature cups, like my granddaughter used to play house with her dolls.

Jar you are in South Florida just drink the Cuban coffee it is sometimes made with an Italian roast.

Traditional Cuban-style coffee is made using the darker roasts, typically either Italian or Spanish roasts, with the brands Cafe Bustelo, Cafe La Llave and Cafe Pilón being popular. It can be made using an electric espresso machine, but is commonly made with a moka pot.[1][5]
Yes, one of my favorite. Sweet but delicious.

Speaking of coffee … visiting daughter … she has these k-pods in weird flavors, doesn’t understand why i don’t like them. Salted caramel. Blueberry pecan. Chocolate something. Who thinks of this stuff?

Speaking of coffee … visiting daughter … she has these k-pods in weird flavors, doesn’t understand why i don’t like them. Salted caramel. Blueberry pecan. Chocolate something. Who thinks of this stuff?
Same folks who came up with vaping flavors, meant to be addictive.

absolutely Jar. I also LOVE my vertuo next machine, especially the petite size. Doesn’t clutter the counter and very easy to use. My favorite thing is hands down the coffee. This intenso pod is probably one of the best coffees I have ever had. Better than most coffee houses. I appreciate my delicious coffee everyday.