• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Comcheck Error

ram

Good morning,

I was trying to get comcheck compliance for a multifamily/multi-use project in NYC. I first tried to with NYC 2016 energy code and the compliance was okay, but changed it to ASHRAE 90.1 and I get the following error, "The selected Energy Code Requires compliance to be determined by simulating building energy performance using the 'Energyplus' simulation engine. Unforeseen design conditions prevented EnergyPlus from completing the simulation runs. For assistance, please save and submit your project data file to www.energycodes.gov/helpdesk."

At the bottom of the comcheck program, it reads "Envelope simulation failed for unknown reasons. Please submit your project data file to tech support."

I found on the website troubleshooting with the envelope compliance simulation failure - but I went through the steps presented here and I still get the error. Anyone had similar issues? any solutions?

Thank you in Advance.

website with troubleshooting steps: https://www.energycodes.gov/resourc...e-check-envelope-compliance-simulation-failed

ram,
New York State has amendments to both the IECC Commercial provisions as well as the ASHRAE 90.1 Standard.
You can access the NYS Energy Code amendments on the Dept of State website, www.dos.ny.gov

Update: I have a cellar space with parking (unconditioned) and auxiliary spaces that are conditioned. Above the cellar would be floor over unconditioned space. It seems when modeling this particular scenario, we have to be very careful with our area inputs. When the area matches up, comcheck works fine.