• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

commercial building renovated to apartment building

cumpian6

I currently live in a old Bank Commercial which is now converted into a Apartment Building . The windows to the building do not open at all. Our Ac and Fan have to be throughout the day due to the lack of air condency after a certain amount of time. After I resigned my lease, I now have utilities added from a 3rd party Company . My electricity bill is $450 with 1449 kwh for the month 07/15/2023-08/14/2023 and Bill date for 9/17/2023 usage of Electricity 1397 kwh @ 434.47.
How is that possible?
With so many other issues in between.
I have reached out to lawyers and I get directed to a Realtor Lawyer. Once they find out the property name , I get no help.
I just want out of my lease and move on .

$.31 per KWH sounds high. The KWH usage depends on floor (and roof if you're on the top floor) area, glass area, exposure (west & southwest facing glass have higher solar gain) and temperature, which increases fast as you get inland.

Without knowing a LOT more about the location, age, condition, and construction of the building, as well as when it was converted to apartments, it is impossible to offer any opinions that might be even a little bit useful.