• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Commercial Kitchen Sink Backsplash?

cabauers

I am currently converting a very small barber shop to a very small commercial kitchen, in rural Colorado (unincorporated weld county). I am replacing the hair sink with a restaurant triple sink. There is storage on the wall behind where the sink will go, and if possible I would like to preserve that; but I’m not sure if code requires a backsplash behind the sink that is continuous/impervious that would essentially wall that off (and fyi, the electrical outlets and switches are being eliminated or moved). I cannot seem to find an answer about the backsplash! I’d love any opinions/ideas. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Health department here requires a scrubbable backsplash on the kitchen walls and ceiling. Hand sink in addition to the three bay sink. But check with your county or city for specs. Usually see FRP panels in commercial kitchens and stainless steel.

1694459891279.jpegMy first thought was, “That’s a lot of receptacles.“ Then it hit me, a barber has two hands.

GFCI protection in the breaker panel? 3-bay sink location or counter?