• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Common Accessible Toilet on Ground Floor of a Multiple Dwelling

cymatia

I wasn't successful in finding the regulation related to this either in NYS MDL, NYC BC, and FHA. I know there is one somewhere. Does anyone know where is this regulation coming from? Thank you.

Way to little information............who is citing/requiring it? What sort of multi-family? What is your role in it?

A place on the ground floor for the doorman, concierge, security guard to get relief …

A place on the ground floor for the doorman, concierge, security guard to get relief …
Ah, in other words, an employee restroom.
The plumbing code will tell you when a restroom is required for employees.
Once you decide you DO need to provide an employee restroom, the ADAS 213 (and possibly local codes as well) will require at least one employee restroom to be accessible.

I wasn't successful in finding the regulation related to this either in NYS MDL, NYC BC, and FHA. I know there is one somewhere. Does anyone know where is this regulation coming from? Thank you.
2020 Plumbing Code of NYS
Section 403 Minimum Plumbing Facilities
403.3 Employee and Public Toilet Facilities
403.3.3 Location of Toilet Facilities in Occupancies Other Than Malls
In occupancies other than covered and open mall buildings, the required public and employee toilet facilities shall be located not more than one story above or below the space required to be provided with toilet facilities, and the path of travel to such facilities shall not exceed a distance of 500 feet (152 m).