• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Common design and drawing mistakes

Silly me, I didn’t know that you are old!

BANG

Last edited:
BANG? I am starting to feel threatened. Or am I misunderstanding? Think I better take the rest of the day off to heal.

I believe the increased number of drawings has more to do with the inexperience of the "cad operators" than either technology or regulations. I look at drawings from early 1900s and they were masterful in showing details right on the plans. Try to do a wall section detail in a circle on the wall in the plan in cad. Not easy. If you're the lead designer for a project, try to review a 1000 sheet set for coordination, what 30 years ago was under 100 sheets.

CAD has allowed subs to bid at cost and rely on change orders for their profits.

So I'm a dinosaur. Many things are better and should not go back, but A&E deliverables need help.

I'm still seeing a lot of ADA information missing, though I try to mainly enforce chapter 11. But it's still a sore spot with some and the main complaint is the cost involved is what I here.