• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Complaints with new site!

RJJ

Co-Founder
To All Members:

In am attempt to relieve some of the pressure on Jeff, Please forward any complaints to me regarding the site.

My personal email is RJ2085@msn.com

We will do everything possible to help in getting you back on board. I know that change is not always welcomed, but this new program will meet the needs of a growing BB. We have a fine nucleus of members with great insight into the ever changing environment that we work in. Your suggestions and comments are welcome.

Please keep in mind that this site is free! The work and management of it is done outside of the work day. Both of us have very demanding schedules, but we feel the value of exchange of ideas on code issues is paramount to any time or cost ***ociate with this forum. So please comment on this thread or contact me direct.

I have experienced some difficulties myself. It took me more then a dozen attempts to log in. I could have pick up the phone and call my friend up north, but I chose to sit quietly and figure it out. I am sill learning the new features and movement with in the site. However, I will make every attempt to ***ist any and all of you.

RJJ

I was unable to log on at home last night, and I do still get the error message when I log in here at the office... but the site still does recognize my profile and let me in.

I'll try again over the weekend at home. I think it may have been that I didn't log OFF at work and the new software would not allow access from a second location while still technically logged in at the first?

I'll let you know either way.

Thank you RJJ, I certainly appreciate the effort. You may not want to post your email, there is an option for users to email you through the board.

One of the reasons this upgrade took place to a new software program is growth. The old, simple board was very limited and lacked the stability needed for growth. I am looking into the future to ensure that this board will be available to everyone for free and we are operating on a sound foundation that is properly engineered and has the capability of handling a significantly larger load.

I am not looking for a "thank you" , money or anything else. I simply believe that in order to elevate our industry into a profession, we need to be able to communicate with each other to bring more consistency to the decision making process.

Please feel free to post a wish list and point out possible issues with the site. The quote thread was very helpful in pointing out a problem that we are working on. Feedback is important.

John Drobysh

I found if you check the little square box at the bottom of the login screen " remember me" it helps keep you going

cda said:
I found if you check the little square box at the bottom of the login screen " remember me" it helps keep you going
The problem with that is that it only "remembers" the computer on which you checked the box. Check it at the office and you have to log on again at home; and, vice versa.

Ooooooo! nice looking changes in the "quote" area. Hmmm. I wonder what's next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job RJJ.......... unfortunately, I was one of the 200 foks that emailed Jeff in a panic, that has led to his burn-out. After he had to waste time on a response back to me, I was able to go back and figure out what I was doing wrong. I wish I would have been more patient.

Thanks Jeff......(and RJJ)

My thanks to Jeff and others who are working to get the bugs worked out of the new system. My email about being "banned" had my tongue firmly implanted in cheek. I knew there must have been a glitch. It's like when there is a power outage. You don''t know if it is just your house or thousands. Should you call the utility or a$$ume others are. Thanks, again, for implementing the board and trying to get it to work effeciently for the rest of us.

JD: I had the same problem! I have two different computers at home and neither let me in. I will work the bugs out of those over the week end.

My laptop is fine and I use it the most.

Remember to make sure your updates and browser are current.

I believe over the next few days we will have the bugs out. Please remember we are learning this as well. Neither of us are IT geeks. We are code geeks!

Well I was one of the dolts that was unable to figure out how to do all the geek squad mumbo jumbo. Jeff, thanks a bunch for getting me back!!!!!

I was logged in and minimized the site opened up another yahoo box and and opened my favorites to this site and was not automatically logged in. I tried to log in and got an error message. So I suggest everybody that wants to access this site from home this weekend log off before you go home.

Can you see this?

NotchedBeam.JPG

RJJ & JD FYI I have logged on with 2 computers simultaneously with no problems.

See it?

;

If I were any closer; it would fall on me.

How about we give Jeff a rest. We have our BB; and were still together.

Greatfulness is "a good thing".

Uncle Bob

Ok, I can put up stuff if necessary. Sorry for the wasted space below and please feel free to delete JP or AFPE:)

I'm still having log in issues... from the same location (at home with my laptop).... every time I log out, I have to change my password again to come back in.

I know what I changed my password to last night... I know what I changed it to early this morning... and I know what I changed it to again just this session.

While it is only (generally) me who uses this laptop, I access the internet in a variety of ways (docked at my office, docked at home and sometimes with an aircard)... when it's docked at the office, any of my staff could access my desktop, so I don't know that I want it to automatically remember who I am... Hub could post any number of silly (or really terrific) responses as me..

I'm getting used to the new look of the site... thanks Jeff for holding my hand; I'm not a moron (but I am old..which is why I write down what I changed my password to... so it really isn't me.

Peach: First try marking the remember me box below the log in! It seems that at times it kick you back to the page that says invalid user id. Try proceeding to the main forum and see if you can view and post.

Yesterday I had no problems with multiple log in. From Star Bucks/ wireless: From my sons office/ Hard wired: From the beauty salon/ wireless:ie the parking lot: No wise cracks please. From my main office and another ahj all wireless.

Peach,

I had the same problem until I figured out that if I clicked on "What's New" or "Forum"; and, I was in.

Uncle Bob

RJJ said:
Peach: First try marking the remember me box below the log in! It seems that at times it kick you back to the page that says invalid user id. Try proceeding to the main forum and see if you can view and post.Yesterday I had no problems with multiple log in. From Star Bucks/ wireless: From my sons office/ Hard wired: From the beauty salon/ wireless:ie the parking lot: No wise cracks please. From my main office and another ahj all wireless.
I will try (I'm curious why you were at the beauty salon.. can't improve on perfection, I always say)... I don't know that I want to say always remember me.. since there are times that my laptop is open for others to use (when I'm in the office)... since my laptop is the only usable machine we have there, right now.