• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Condensate Termination

Olympichvac

I have a condensate drain that is 3/4" pvc coming out of a sidewall of home. The termination is just a 90 degree elbow (white). The house is tan.............why do I mention the colors? See attachment.
Scan0004.jpg

The question is the circled correction. I have never asked for paint on pvc like I do for abs. I didn't know that uv kills pvc....maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.

There's not much room for corrections on that slip.

Where is the 7 amp fuse for the fau located?

Point of this post is to list some of the ridiculous issues inspectors can call you on. Has nothing to do with uv.....he just wanted the pvc painted to match the house.

7amp fuse, which they don't make, is in the ssu where I had a 15 amp fuse

Point of this post is to list some of the ridiculous issues inspectors can call you on. Has nothing to do with uv.....he just wanted the pvc painted to match the house.

7amp fuse, which they don't make, is in the ssu where I had a 15 amp fuse

NO

inspector did not specify color

Paint it bright orange, so he sees that it is painted!!!

The paint color might be a city requirement for aesthetics. You could refuse to work on non-white houses. But I don't think I would advertise the fact.

What is an ssu?

Last edited:
Suggestion, you might not want to post your companies name??
Or correction slips.

I would be pleased to provide contractor names.

I have an Anti-Angie's List.

Hells Bells....There's mug shots.

Last edited: