• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CONRAC &QTA Buildings

SRK_Mech

I'm looking for feedback related to Consolidated Rental Car Facilities (CONRAC) and Quick Turnaround Buildings (QTA): Anything and everything related to codes and standards that are applicable. I'm more interested in the QTA than the CONRAC building because of the nature of having fuel dispensing on multiple levels of essentially a "multi-level, unenclosed parking garage" type building.
This thread is posted to Commercial Buildings, Mechanical, Electrical, Fire and Plumbing for maximum coverage - I hope the forum doesn't mind.

Ok is a quick turn around building

Where a truck pulls up on one side unloads,

And another pulls up on the other side and loads what was unloaded???

If so, talking about a one story building?

"""building because of the nature of having fuel dispensing on multiple levels of essentially a "multi-level, unenclosed parking garage" type building."""

A little more info, and links to an existing one?

Why are they fueling on multiple levels?

Ok is a quick turn around building

Where a truck pulls up on one side unloads,

And another pulls up on the other side and loads what was unloaded???

If so, talking about a one story building?
The QTA building is used by multiple rental car companies to prep the rental cars so there are more than one floor. The cars are washed, vacuumed and fueled at this facility depending on which level the rental car company occupies. I've read that each rental car company has their own underground storage tank, obviously the tanks are on grade. The gasoline is pumped up to the various levels by each rental car company.
As far as the truck unloading, I don't think you understood what was happening at the QTA, sorry for the sketchiness. I hope the above description helps a bit.

The QTA building is used by multiple rental car companies to prep the rental cars so there are more than one floor. The cars are washed, vacuumed and fueled at this facility depending on which level the rental car company occupies. I've read that each rental car company has their own underground storage tank, obviously the tanks are on grade. The gasoline is pumped up to the various levels by each rental car company.
As far as the truck unloading, I don't think you understood what was happening at the QTA, sorry for the sketchiness. I hope the above description helps a bit.

Ok have not done an indoor fueling operation in yearsss.

If you are under the IFC, I know it is covered there.

I take it the Building will have a fire sprinkler system?

Sorry use to one story and large outside parking areas
Thanks for the input and I'll be sure to check out the IFC. This is a New Jersey job.
Typically, everything I've seen is one story/on grade. This is a new concept that a lot of airports with rental car agents are operating. My search on the internet hasn't reaped any details about codes and standards referenced at these facilities. I'm basically snooping around trying to find anything I can on the topic.

Thanks for the input and I'll be sure to check out the IFC. This is a New Jersey job.
Typically, everything I've seen is one story/on grade. This is a new concept that a lot of airports with rental car agents are operating. My search on the internet hasn't reaped any details about codes and standards referenced at these facilities. I'm basically snooping around trying to find anything I can on the topic.

So will the exterior walls be enclosed or open as in some parking garages?

Either way you more than likely will require ventilation

The fueling will have to look at.

What Building and Fire code and edition are you using

So will the exterior walls be enclosed or open as in some parking garages?

Either way you more than likely will require ventilation

The fueling will have to look at.

What Building and Fire code and edition are you using
I'm not sure about how the exterior wall will be arranged. The ones I've seen online appear to be both open and closed. Again, I'm not sure.
Yes, ventilation is mandatory and was included in the proposal.
The fueling is a wild card. That's why I'm reaching out to the other members.

Highly suggest a fire protection engineer involved in the entire design

Money paid will save you money