• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Contractor's Breakfast

Francis Vineyard

What makes it worth your while to attend;

what do you anticipate to be the most convenient time (day, month) and

what was your most memorable Contractor's Breakfast?

This is the first one I'm helping put together!

Francis

not a contractor, but slept at holdiay inn last night, and attended a few of these

What makes it worth your while to attend;

good food

what do you anticipate to be the most convenient time (day, month) and

mid week morning

agenda with a few precise topics that the building dept talked about, and than question/ complaint and answer session to hear what the contractors haev to say.

Francis Vineyard said:
What makes it worth your while to attend; This is the first one I'm helping put together!

Francis
What is your agenda and how does it relate to my business? Who are the instructors and what are their qualifications.

Breakfast and lunch are minor items compared to the classes and the instructors.

Each class has a cost to me, a cost of my time and my money.

There's a local construction group here that has monthly meetings for their members and guests, usually a breakfast on Wednesday morning although they have done a few lunches and dinners to give everyone a chance to attend.

The local utilities attend as well as contractors, users of construction services and code officials. They rarely are also a few lawyers, real estate agents and representatives of different suppliers. The meeting usually lasts about 2 hours with some social time to start with, the meal and then a speaker. Topics very from technology to safety issues to almost anything else.

They now we have about 50 attendees and everyone seems to feel they're quite beneficial.

Francis Vineyard said:
What makes it worth your while to attend; what do you anticipate to be the most convenient time (day, month) and

This is the first one I'm helping put together!

Francis
Good luck! The best ones I have attended usually have a guest speaker that gives either a product demo, or speaks to a specific building issue for about 20-30 minutes while everybody gets their food to their seats and starts eating. That is usually followed up by a quick general business discussion for the organization and then kind of a round table introduction of members and guests before an open discussion begins.