• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Control Areas - Table 414.2.5(2)

JCD3

Per this table you could have up to 15,000 gallons of flammable liquids, but only for a control area within an M occupancy for wholesale and retail sales?? I have a 41,000 sf warehouse - storage use only - for flammable and low hazard products. The flammable product will exceed Table 307.1 so I have a design right now with a separated H-3 use but learned that a 10,000 sf cooler will have flammable product as well that I have to include. Problem is, i've maxed out the allowable area. I was hoping Table 414.2.5(2) would apply here for a Storage use. Anyone have any experience with this?