• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

corridor continuity and elevators lobby

vero123

I am interested in, if it is possible to open elevators doors (including fire service access elevators) in this kind of lobby, which divides the corridor into 2 parts and in this case it’s required or not elevators shaft enclosure to be pressurized.

https://ibb.co/noihbL

Can you elaborate on what country this project is located. U.S. projects use the feet/inches & fraction of inch (Imperial) system for square areas and linear measurements of room spaces. This project based on the image at the link you provided is in metric. If this project is in Canada, I would advise you to consult the Canadian building codes. If this project is located in Europe (in the European Union), I would advise you to consult the Eurocodes. This site is primarily for projects in the United States as adopted & amended by each state of the United States and other locations throughout the world that have adopted the International Code Council's series of building codes. It would be harder for people here to advise on building codes not customary in the United States. It isn't that we would be absolutely opposed to it but that is just a reality at this time.

From your profile, you indicated that you are from Georgia (if I understood it correctly). However, I think you maybe from the country of Georgia (near Turkey) not the state of Georgia (which is a State of the United States).

Last edited: