1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

CSST

Discussion in 'Commercial Fuel Gas Codes' started by jmc, Jan 7, 2016.

1. jmc

jmc Bronze Member

Can CSST pipe, used for main gas supply line of a R-2 use, be buried? 2012 codes.

2. Sifu

Sifu Gold Member

Usually Not directly. Gastite requires watertight conduit along with some other limitations. Check the mfr for whatever brand you are using.

3. skipharper

skipharper WellKnown Member

From the 2012 IFGC:404.2 CSST. CSST piping systems shall be installed in accordance with the terms of their approval, the conditions of listing, the manufacturer’s instructions and this code.

4. steveray

steveray Sawhorse

They have a system that can be...PS-II? maybe....Polyethylene is way cheaper....

5. jmc

jmc Bronze Member

As always, thank y'all very much.

6. Pcinspector1

Pcinspector1 Platinum Member

I think your going to see a HDPE type pipe for underground GAS in most cases.