• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Custom urinal

Sifu

SAWHORSE
Proposed "custom urinal". No details. Code requires conformance to ASME 112.19.2 for the urinal and ASSE 1037/ASME 112.1037 for the flush valve. Anyone experienced a custom fixture that did (or did not) conform to these standards?

Proposed "custom urinal". No details. Code requires conformance to ASME 112.19.2 for the urinal and ASSE 1037/ASME 112.1037 for the flush valve. Anyone experienced a custom fixture that did (or did not) conform to these standards?
Not me. Wouldn't the fixture have to be evaluated by some recognized agency to achieve a legitimate conformance to ASME 112.19. and ASSE 1037/ASME 112.1037?
Of course that would be a strict application of the code and it probably could be easy enough to determine if a urinal was up to the task. Odds are that ASME 112.19. and ASSE 1037/ASME 112.1037 are one page documents that reference a slew of other one page documents.

I would need a lot more detail on what they mean. If they mean "made custom by a manufacturer", I would want paperwork showing compliance, or at the very least how it works.

If they mean "made by someone I know out of discarded items" they would have a lot of convincing to do. If they had a good design... maybe.

I see lots of brewery tasting room's utilize kegs cut into a urinal configurations.
This is likely similar. It is a restroom facility (multiple) at a golf course. I was trying to imagine what it could be.... a giant tee maybe?? (Is that a teepee?) They provided nothing, so I will ask them to clarify and verify compliance. Should be interesting. Your neck of the woods Fatboy.