• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Dangerous Plumbing

jeffc

Bronze Member
Recently rented the "cabin in the woods." I was surprised and alarmed at the amount sewer gas inside. Inspector mode kicked in and found that the sink had no trap (as well as other minor items). The sewer gas, viruses, bacteria and the stink just flowed. freely. I left a suggestion that they install properly vented traps but doubt anything will happen. Have you ever found a plumbing violation that was egregious enough to be a health hazard?

Attachments

• Sink with no trap.jpg
    Sink with no trap.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • Water Heater.jpg
    Water Heater.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Where did you find it? Airbnb? Rental real estate website? I would be tempted to post negative feedback.

Pretty sure that is how SARS spread so quickly not so long ago, albeit on a larger scale.