• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Deck Construction Based on the 2021 IRC

Glenn

My second edition ICC book is ready for preorder and should be shipping to folks by the end of April.

Over 250 deck-related code sections from the 2021 IRC, including some 2018 provisions and significant changes explained. Deck specific commentary. Tons of illustrations.

The first edition was based on the 2009 and there wasn't much attention to decks in the code. I have been involved with developing deck codes in 2015, 18, and 21. So now there was much more to share and write about.

I'm better with deck codes than I am with memes or marketing. I promise.

Here is the link to preorder. Thanks.

deck book boat.001.jpeg

Okay... so I guess I don't make funny advertising... So here's a more personal attempt, where I just tell you about my book. You can get it from ICC or directly from me at www.DeckCodes.com where you will also find 12 hours of On-Demand courses about the 2021 IRC deck codes.

Glenn, congratulations on your book publication! I just ordered it from your site.
:)
(Can't wait to see if it provides a code information for maximum spacing between deck boards.)

Last edited: