• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Deck, Stairs & Ramp Details PDF

I didn't find it. Francis found it. Thanks for listening.

I sent this PDF to work and will use several pages as handouts.

A reminder that among other changes Virginia amended residential stair riser and tread to 8¼" max. - 9" min. respectively and the code does not require steel fasteners of ½" dia. or larger to be HDG (Hot-Dipped Galvanized).

Hope this information saved cost in building safer structures and getting right the first time; please donate!

Francis

Last edited by a moderator:
Papio,

This link, and the one submitted by "Francis V.", are both very good sources, ..chocked

full of information, & pictures.

I think the only details I am cautious of are no flashing shingled over the ledger and no full beam bearing on the chesterfield handout....