• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

"Delete" button

No sir, will not happen. I have seen too many people get PO'd on other boards and then delete posts that were very informative. I suggest that we all think before we post and edit accordingly. The Mike Holt forum only gives you so much time before you cannot even edit your post and I am thinking about that as a possibility. Moderators are available if needed.

I understand the convenience of deleting and editing but find that people are less likely to go overboard during a "passionate" debate when they know they cannot delete their post.

That is my opinion of course.

Jeff

Jeff, I agree. A post can always be deleted by a moderator at the request of the poster.

TJacobs said:
Jeff, I agree. A post can always be deleted by a moderator at the request of the poster.
Thanks,

More than once on other boards there were people who had gone off the deep end and deleted every single post that they ever made. This wasted a lot of good threads because of all the missing links. Don't want someone disgruntled to do that here.

Might I suggest you create a "Delete" button for posts....
A "Delete" within the "Edit" portion would only be usable on that post. Therefore the concerns of deleting entire post or previous postings would not be possible.

But as Jeff said, deleting your own post in the middle of a thread could really screw with the balance of the thread.

They are doing it now. Go look at some of the threads. You hit edit erase your post then type in a reason such as the word Delete or i see delete double post. My previous post is now 17 hours old and I can still edit and delete everything out of it.

Granted............but the entry is still there. At least you can see that someone has removed something, and that could explain why a thread took a turn.

Not responding as customer service yet! Taking all things into accounts.

Yes you can delete a post now if you want. You can edit it as well. I believe that at times when a post is removed it breaks up the thoughts being presented. That may have a down side. However, I believe Jeff's view and we haven't talked on this is, perhaps one should think through what they are about to say before posting it. So in that light not to offend or put something out that should not be posted. On This I agree! On the other hand, sometimes after reading a following post one can change their mind and want to remove the post. In that case we have moderators and administrators to help. Personally I may not agree with everyones position and I haven't seen much that should be removed. So the issue still remains open. I see us all handling the freedom of the site pretty well. Kinda of nice that we can police our selves and keep respect for each other.