• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Design any cool stuff lately

mark handler

SAWHORSE
2011-01-07-measure1.gif

Design any cool stuff lately

Notice the angle of the dangle of the architect's tape measure in the second panel. Symbolic of real world buzzkill?

Yeah, I do my share of bathroom remodels, but the cool thing about this profession is that they are still different and challenging in their own way. Much better than being a Dilbert cube rat.

Much of my work is in healthcare. They are constantly remodeling bathrooms and other mundane things, but we also get to work on the latest high tech imaging/diagnostic/treatment systems, and when they build big, it is really frickin' big. There is also a very satisfying drive by factor, my projects are helping people to help people. I proudly say "I did that!!!". Also, very little of my work has been completely abandoned/demo'ed/re-purposed over the years. I am now working on a replacement hospital for a facility I have worked in for over 15 years. I will definately be there when they implode it.