• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Detroit Zoning Ordinance - FAR

SaraK

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this question was answered before. I tried searching in the forum and didn't find anything related

I'm trying to find out whether the Detroit City Zoning Code limits buildings FAR in District B5
The table in ARTICLE XIII. Intensity and Dimensional Standards, Division 1 - Tables of Intensity And Dimensional Standards, Subdivision C. Business District, Sec. 50-13-46. - B5 District - does not specify max. FAR

UseMinimum Lot
Dimensions
Minimum Setbacks
(feet)
Max. Height
(feet)
Max. Lot Coverage
(%)
Max
FAR
Add'l.
Regs.
Area
(sq. ft.)
Width
(feet)
FrontSide*Rear
Sec. ReferenceSection 50-13-222Section 50-16-382Section 50-16-382Section 50-13-231Section 50-13-232Section 50-13-236
Section 50-13-237
All other uses7,0007020Formula A3035Section 50-13-62

Can anyone help?

Thank you!
Sara

What is a FAR?

Second this is a building code forum not a zoning forum, zoning is a very local item and can be complex. Having only a snip of the zoning code dose not provide sufficient information to even guess at the answer.