• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

devil with a tie

Plans Approver

Silver Member
Are the mods changing the word "attorney" to "devil with a tie"? I was reviewing some older posts, including one of mine where this was changed.

I guess so. It even happened on this post when I tried to use the word @tt0rney!

Re: devil with a tie

devil with or in...............there are way more types then just stereotyping One Profession and as such, I pretty much call the devils............ “Suites” to cover the range applicable ;)

Plans Approver said:
OK is att0rney now "idiot"? I work with and for several idiots that would take offense to that.
What I really meant - I work with and for bona fide, certified dummies who would take offense at being called att0rneys.

Problem with today - you can't just talk and be open ....

"You have obviously incorrectly represented the facts" can be said so much easier -

"liar"

People are too worried about others feeling when a 45 minute discussion can be handled informally outside in 5 minutes.....

JAR - I appreciate all that you do --- Don't let the politically correctness create a feeling of dissatisfaction.

In other words – Don’t sweat the small stuff.

While you're being PC for the moment, check with Webster or Funk and Wagnall. "Attorney" means anyone who represents another for any legal purpose. You can get a Power of Attorney to your wife or brother for specific purposes. That needs no specific degree or pedigree. It's actually "lawyer" that is limited to those esteemed members of the species who have attended law school and passed the bar exam. :ugeek:

On that note, censor "lawyer" in the future. :lol: