• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Display of Quotes

EPrice

Bronze Member
Are there some settings that can be tweaked regarding the way quoted text is displayed within a post? The way it is now the quoted text appears right above what I type without a clear demarcation. I don't think there is a way to even insert a blank line between the quote and my text.

EPrice said:
Are there some settings that can be tweaked regarding the way quoted text is displayed within a post? The way it is now the quoted text appears right above what I type without a clear demarcation. I don't think there is a way to even insert a blank line between the quote and my text.
Ok, I was able to put in a blank line, but still the distinction between quote and response is not as clear as I would like to see. Changing the quote to italics also helps, but it is a bit cumbersome to do every time.

Jeff:I've had to use this vBuletin software in an appraisers' forum, it's a weird combination of HTML and UBB Code, the only way I was able to do what I just did with that link was actually write the code, I can't use my code writing extension to write the code for me.Another problem for you that I see is there is no way to post hosted images, even hand writing the code, in the aforementioned forum I can't write IMG code, but I can insert from a little picture, see the red arrow:

View attachment 103

I attached this successfully but you are paying for the hosting, had I posted it as an image I would be paying for the hosting. This can get big over time. In your old software we were able to post hosted images. I think vBuletin tried to combine HTML and UBB while creating some simplified user controls, in the process they just made things harder, especially for those who know HTML and UBB code language.View attachment 103

/monthly_2010_04/vBul..jpg.508225e244abbcf43b4e92a638a3667f.jpg

Conarb, with the permission of others, I would like to bring you on as an administrator and ask for your ***istance. This is a much better software but I have too much to learn. We just opened a new office today and I was out inspecting much to the shagrin (spelling?) of my staff and they were left alone to set up. I don't have a lot of time right now.

All in favor say Aye

Any opposed say so

Aye, what the heck, lets get it figured out. Nice job BTW Jeff!

FWIW, Chris J and myself are both familiar with the VB moderator tools if you have any questions.

jar546 said:
I will be happy to add you guys as moderators in the areas of your choice. Thank you!
Yeah, I could have knocked out the ****** spammer at 5AM, everybody knows inspectors don't need ******. :)

Guess not. I appreciate the help and recommendation. I am stuck so I am referring back to the installation company that I paid. I think there are files missing or something is corrupt.

jar546 said:
Guess not. I appreciate the help and recommendation. I am stuck so I am referring back to the installation company that I paid. I think there are files missing or something is corrupt.
Test quote, test post adjustments

The spacing issue won't be getting fixed. It is a software issue that others are having. I personally don't see it as an issue anyway.

Much better though huh?