• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Do I need panic hardware here?

LG, thanks for the additional info:

I knew about this change from the 20014 NEC and penciled it in my 2012 IBC code book, by section 1008.1.10 for future reference. The doors must swing in the direction of travel. Code, use to be 1200 amps.
  1. Where equipment is 800 amps or more and contains overcurrent devices, switching devices, or control devices

LG, thanks for the additional info:

I knew about this change from the 2014 NEC and penciled it in my 2012 IBC code book, by section 1008.1.10 for future reference. The doors must swing in the direction of travel. Code, use to be 1200 amps.
  1. Where equipment is 800 amps or more and contains overcurrent devices, switching devices, or control devices

Yes - this is one change from previous editions and the requirement for listed panic hardware is more clear than before. The NEC requirements are different from the IBC.