• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Does this meet code (FBC) - Restrooms on Business Floor

gnarkill283

Please see this plan: https://ibb.co/Y08LmQS

The business floor has an occupancy of 156 total requiring 5 toilets and 3 lavatories based on FBC plumbing code (right?). FBC accessibility 213.2 says 50% of toilets need to comply with 603 which requires 5' turning radius. Does that mean if I have 3 toilets then 2 will need to have 5' turning radii? Seems excessive. Also the 603 complying toilet compartments can't have doors swinging inward into the lavatory clearance correct? Thanks

6 or more elimination fixtures require a minimum of (1) accessible stall and (1) ambulatory stall.

You have quite a deep chase wall between the two toilet rooms which would typically indicate that you are using wall hung fixtures, but the graphic symbol of toilet looks like a floor mounted toilet. which type of fixture are you using?

If your using wall hung toilets you should move the toilet in the handicap stall to the chase wall as a wall carrier is not going to fit inside the furred out wall its currently located on. This move will also simply the plumbing and should probably be done regardless of the type of toilet (wall vs floor).

if your providing floor mounted fixtures you probably don't need that 24" deep chase wall and can steal back some space in your toilet rooms.

Looks like the far left and right walls might be concrete, so the center chase is artificially wide to make the toilet rooms seem less cavernous.
could be, the the clear chase dimension shown id pretty typical of whats required for wall hung fixtures with a back to back carrier.

6 or more elimination fixtures require a minimum of (1) accessible stall and (1) ambulatory stall.
Whats a fixture (toilet and sink?)? Whats an elimination fixture? Where can I find this information/exception? Why would it say 50% of toilets need to comply with 603 and not have this exception? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to finalize this - appreciate the help

Wish there was a delete or edit button on posts - I figured it out - these are toilet compartments so section 213.3 applies

Please see this plan: https://ibb.co/Y08LmQS

The business floor has an occupancy of 156 total requiring 5 toilets and 3 lavatories based on FBC plumbing code (right?). FBC accessibility 213.2 says 50% of toilets need to comply with 603 which requires 5' turning radius. Does that mean if I have 3 toilets then 2 will need to have 5' turning radii? Seems excessive. Also the 603 complying toilet compartments can't have doors swinging inward into the lavatory clearance correct? Thanks
If your occupancy is 156 for the floor, then you are required by 403.1.1 to divide the number by 2, which gives you 78 occupants per restroom. This would require 3 toilets and 2 lavatories for business by looking at the chart., as you have. You only need (1) 5'-0" wide stall per side. I'm really not sure what you are looking at for 213.2. sorry, I don't see it, and it isn't a requirement per ADA.

If FBC 213.2 is the same as the ADA 2010 Standards, exception 4 only applies to clustered single-user (1WC + 1 Lav) restrooms.

Your drawing looks OK from an accessibility standpoint, unless FBC (Florida?) has different requirements, but it has sight line issues. It would be good to move the doors (306 & 307) at least 18" from the wall and hinge them on the opposite side.

If FBC 213.2 is the same as the ADA 2010 Standards, exception 4 only applies to clustered single-user (1WC + 1 Lav) restrooms.

Your drawing looks OK from an accessibility standpoint, unless FBC (Florida?) has different requirements, but it has sight line issues. It would be good to move the doors (306 & 307) at least 18" from the wall and hinge them on the opposite side.
Good catch on the door swing. Much better to move them 18" from the wall and flip.