• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Doing the impossible

When in doubt, wait for the inspector. Note that the OSB planes with the shingles and not the sheathing.

IMG_1499.jpg

Not really a code violation but it was a contractor so I made him frame a gable and eliminate the upside down boat look.

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Re: Doing the impossible

I bet he told you did thirty of them like that in ------ and there was no problem! Why you pickin' on me?! :roll:

Brat,

I just get all warm and fuzzy when they tell me that they don't make me do it in...... I had one guy moaning about corrections tell me at least ten times, "Well they don't make me do that in Long Beach". I finally told him he could make it easy on himself and either do the corrections or drag the house to Long Beach.

I've asked for addresses in the jurisdiction where they've done that type of (shoddy) work before. When they ask why I want to know, I tell them it's so I can go pull the files for those properties... Usually gets them going on the corrections. :)

Do ya have to vent roofs in CA.? I mean other than the fire department venting! :D