• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

double checking

rbcameron1

Has anyone ever had issues with new construction on a mixed use building where the basement (storage only) and first level are coded as mixed use commercial (Type B-1) but the second two floors are R-2 apartments? I have a 2 hour separation between the commercial and apartment level (and 2HR shaft walls) but apparently I only need 1HR between apartments and its corridor?Its concrete structure, sprinkled on basement and first. Apartments are wood construction, non-sprinkled. Shouldn't be any issues right?

View attachment 2041

View attachment 2041

View attachment 2041

/monthly_2014_03/Image.jpg.60b4b5b8f4910d304fe6332c60f32da0.jpg

IBC 2009. I must have overlooked 903.2.8 Group R - automatic sprinkler system installed throughout...etc... correct?

rbcameron1 said:
IBC 2009. I must have overlooked 903.2.8 Group R - automatic sprinkler system installed throughout...etc... correct?
Yep. You got it. I'll take a closer look as time allows today.