• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Drinking Fountains in S-1 Building with a Low Occupant Load

arwat23

In a S-1 warehouse with an occupant load of less than 30, does it need a drinking facility?

California, using CPC / Uniform Plumbing Code. Occupant load is 26.

CPC 415.2 states that you don't need a drinking fountain in a building if the occupant load of the building is less than 30. However, Table 422.1 states that a "drinking fountain / facility" is required regardless of the occupant load (1 required if the occupant load is between 1-250).

Does CPC 415.2 override the requirements of Table 422.1? Is a drinking facility required in this case or can I exclude that?

Does CPC 415.2 override the requirements of Table 422.1? Is a drinking facility required in this case or can I exclude that?
I believe the answer is "yes".
The logic of reading the code this way is similar to 422.2, where an occupant load can be low enough to override table 422.1 and allow a single accommodation unisex restroom facility.