• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

driveway fail

Re: driveway fail

Is there a wench provided with every sale to get your car up the drive? :eek:

I think I viewed that photo at class a number of years ago. At that time we were told that it was from a development in PA. Sure would make it fun in the A.M. after an ice storm.

docgj

Pcinspector1 said:
Is there a wench provided with every sale to get your car up the drive? :eek:
She'd have to be pretty strong...or use a winch.

Professor brudgers,

Should I edit my post so I can get a good grade on my term paper?

Glade I can make you :lol:

What is so bad is that in our AHJ we don't have any regulations to prevent situations like this. Now we do have regulations on the approach...but for flatwork/driveway...........

I would have to wonder who would ever purchase a house with a driveway so steep that their car could not enter the garage without bottoming out?

You assume that is a driveway for a garage. Perhaps the room is a bonus room or a sleeping room. The concrete simply holds the soil in place.

Thanks, George, I needed that. I've missed your insightful (and inciteful) observations. So now we know, it's a retaining wall, not a driveway!