• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Drywall screws

ICE

Oh Well
are versatile.

DSCN1927.jpg

DSCN1748.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

If they would have installed the flashing correctly on the window you wouldn't have been able to see the screws!

Mule said:
If they would have installed the flashing correctly on the window you wouldn't have been able to see the screws!
They would still be visible at the sides and bottom. The flashing goes over the flange only at the top. In the case pictured above, I would say that there is no flashing.

To their credit, they were improving as they went along. Or maybe not. Depends on which one they did first.

DSCN1748-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with that... That's why I said I stand "almost" corrected. :)

I agree with you Forest.

You could see them on the bottom only!

If I could figure out how to post a link I would post the 2 installation instructions from the product web site. It shows the bottom only.

1. Flash the bottom.

2. Flash the sides.

3. Slap in window.

4. Install drywall screws.

5. Flash top.

6. Repeat 3,4,5 and this time, square the window.

7. Request inspection.

8. Install galvanized screws.

9. Request second inspection.

10 Repeat 3,5,8 plus 6 if you are a real dummy, because the first inspector missed a tempered glazing requirement.

11. Request third inspection.

Last edited by a moderator:
ICE said:
1. Flash the bottom.2. Flash the sides.

3. Slap in window.

4. Install drywall screws.

5. Flash top.

6. Repeat 3,4,5 and this time, square the window.

7. Request inspection.

8. Install galvanized screws.

9. Request second inspection.

10 Repeat 3,5,8 plus 6 if you are a real dummy, because the first inspector missed a tempered glazing requirement.

11. Request third inspection.
That is so classic.

ICE you must be one of the most beloved guys, ever, in your little hunk of the world.

Thanks, that reminds me that i have to go reinspect a patio cover built with drywall screws. they are easier to remove and replace than sinkers used instead of galvies. Some people learn the hard way!