• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Earthquake in Nebraska

There was a small earthquake last night in Auburn Nebraska that registered 3.5 on the richter scale.

I just thought you would want to know that I'm okay. :roll:

---------------------------------

AIA, NCARB, ICC, NCOA, CSI

ICC Plans Examiner

Re: Earthquake in Nebraska

It actually turned out to be some chili I made last night. I am ok now too! ;)

somewhere just northeast of Lincoln

One of the strongest earthquakes ever in the USA hit in the mid-west. A 3.5 won't even wake me up but any time I hear about earthquakes in the heartland I think "Dang, I bet that scared the crap out of them".

Bay Point - Yes, we are glad to hear you're OK... well the folks on the 'left coast' are probably thinking you're a bit of wuss for even telling us about a little bitty jiggle like a 3.5, but those of us on stable ground are glad... :lol:

Oh my goodness, are you sure you are okay. The building didn't collapse or anything did it. Did the ground swallow up any of the cows or anything? I'm surprised I haven't heard more.

The aftershock felt yesterday was the reaction to Owamagbe Odighizuwa going to UCLA and not the Big Red!