• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

EC Sidewall Sprinkler Guards

Dr. J

Silver Member
Does anyone know of an Extended Coverage Sidewall Sprinkler that is approved for use with a guard? I need extended coverage, but also need protection of the head from damage and accidental activation. I am considering an institutional head or a concealed head , which are better than an exposed sprinkler, but these are not quite as stout as a wire guard.

RJJ - the list of heads the Model G is approved for does not include any extended coverage heads.

Yes, I am contacting manufacturers, I just thought I would tap this resource as well.

I recall seeing a Reliable HSWEC a few years ago for storage applications in their listing package but can't find it now....... knew I should have saved that data sheet.