• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

EDIT Ability Gone???

The editing ability was never taken away from Sawhorses, but there is a time limit in place and that is for a reason. Here is an update of when you can edit your own post:

Registered Members: 60 minutes
Supporters: 24 hours
Sawhorses: 48 hours
Corporate Supporters: 48 hours

Any amount of time after that, you can always request a moderator or administrator to help you out and edit your post. The ability always exists.

I posted this once before years ago but I am going to remind everyone as to why there is a time limit for editing.

On another forum I witnessed someone get all pissed off and go back and delete the content of every single post they ever made on the site. Others went back and did the same but not as many. Since they started a lot of threads, it had a negative effect on the forum by making many of the threads useless. We all make mistakes and need to correct them which is why we have the ability to edit within a specific timeframe or by asking a moderator or administrator for some help.

I hope this helps.