• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Egress from Electrical room Section 110.26(C)(2)

runbird

I have an existing electrical room that requires two egress exits out. One goes directly to the exterior of the building, the other egress goes thru another tenant's electrical room (two electrical rooms back to back), but this exit out goes into the tenant's stockroom then out. This is a tenant improvement so the concern is to have a secured tenant space. Does anyone know if the door can be closed with panic hardware and alarm so exiting is allowed but alarmed so the tenant knows that some is in their space?

runbird said:
I have an existing electrical room that requires two egress exits out. One goes directly to the exterior of the building, the other egress goes thru another tenant's electrical room (two electrical rooms back to back), but this exit out goes into the tenant's stockroom then out. This is a tenant improvement so the concern is to have a secured tenant space. Does anyone know if the door can be closed with panic hardware and alarm so exiting is allowed but alarmed so the tenant knows that some is in their space?
What is the amperage and dimensions of the electrical room? You have 2 exceptions to(2) that allow a single means of egress.

runbird said:
What is the amperage and dimensions of the electrical room? You have 2 exceptions to(2) that allow a single means of egress.