• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Energy codes Fail

conarb said:
Are you proposing that we wear kilts when the revolution comes and we overthrow the police state?
It will simply work out that way

Only those of us manly enough to wear the kilt will have the fortitude and strength to carry the insurrection, so the revolution shall be the domain of the kilt.

Brent.

MASSDRIVER said:
It will simply work out that wayOnly those of us manly enough to wear the kilt will have the fortitude and strength to carry the insurrection, so the revolution shall be the domain of the kilt.

Brent.
I guess I'll have to buy a kilt then, the wife will love that, she's part Scotch and goes to the Scottish Festival in Pleasanton to watch the guys in kilts throwing the telephone poles. Is there a specific plaid that we are going to be wearing? Do we have a clan or does just contractor do?

I think I told the story before here but back in the 50s we had a laborer on the crew who was building his own house with left-over junk in his spare time, the County caught and red tagged him, he went into the County offices and literally beat the brains out of the CBO with his hammer, and back then 18" handles and 20 oz + heads hadn't even come out yet, I think all he had was a 16 oz hammer. After that the inspector called for our permit card while sitting in his car, he just said: "You guys are crazy, I'm no going down there".

They think they can tell us how much energy we can use, how much water we can use, who we have to associate with, they won't stand a chance against us. I better start going back to the gym and beefing up, you are going to let octogenarians in aren't you? I think I can still do it, when I was 60 I broke the state deadlift record in my age and weight class, might have to take steroids to build up the strength and rage though.

The older, the meaner. It won't be so much about strength, but intelligence and cunning. Remember, regulators dont have the upper echelon jobs as they were only avarage thinkers.

We have the upper hand in brain power.

As for color, I think us Kalifornians are only authorized the Muir pattern what with us lacking proper Scottish breeding and all. If we do have to go guns, I'm set with my 5:11 tactikilt.

Kilt is a good redneck term as well; "I apologize officer. He wouldn't let me water my maters, so I was forced to kilt eem."

Brent.

Actually we'll be liberating them, I know of two inspectors who have quit because of all this nonsense that's come into the codes, some of the better ones might even join us, with all of their code knowledge they can be builders like we are and make a lot of money. Of course they'll lose their pensions and other benefits and will actually have to work for a living but they will have the satisfaction of leading productive lives. What do you say we recruit some of the better ones? Can you see ICE in a kilt? Thoreau describes inspectors: “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience and Other Essays

Can you see ICE in a kilt?

Not a good idea, he's On too many roofs!, he's More of a Ninji, I'd think?

But still a good guy to have on the team, there again,

maybe he's only Just a chess piece in your world domenance of kilts?

Pc1