• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Excellent electrical finish work

1. Always cut your whip holes higher than the bottom of the cabinet.

2. After the first time you forget to notch the bottom of modular cabinets, then have to do the miracle cuts with a Fein saw without screwing anything up, you'll be sure to remember on the next go round.

Brent.

MASSDRIVER said:
miracle cuts with a Fein saw
I didn't know what a Fein saw is so I went to Google. The first time that I saw these was an infomercial. I figured them to be a gimmick. Not anymore.

ICE said:
I didn't know what a Fein saw is so I went to Google. The first time that I saw these was an infomercial. I figured them to be a gimmick. Not anymore.
That's what made jars post funny to me. I bought mine about 12 years ago to fix the very mistake he posted. Ran about 400 bucks just for the old style tool. But it payed for itself right away and has been invaluable since.

So for anyone wondering, you drill a 3/4 inch hole in the bottom of the cab in the back, run the wire high and slot the drywall to the hole and pull your wire through. Before all that while the cab is upside down on the ground you cut the n otch with either a jig or fein saw while it's easy to do. Then punch your hole in the back of the inch light at the location in the cabinet, put in a connector and then the wiring is invisible.

Brent.