• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Existing school use

jtom

Sawhorse
How are localities handling the use of schools to house youth and adults for charity based work camps where they want to sleep in a school class room?They get up in the mornings and go out and do minor repairs and painting on older homes in the community.I have a concern with sleeping in a school.I believe the school in question is sprinklered.This usually lasts for about a week.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I used to sleep in school now I r n in spect or

Did not harm me

Where they sleeping ??? In the gym or classrooms?? Maybe if in classrooms have them put some single station smoke alarms

just put some single stations in

kind of like the red cross setting up for a disaster, not much added

Make sure all doors are unlocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the school building is fully sprinkled, we would require automatic smoke detection/notification tied to a monitored FACP inside and outside the affected rooms being used and extended down the hallway on each side of the affected room(s) OR stop the operation and change of use.