• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Fabric shelters

Yankee

This may have been covered but "search" isn't pulling up a thread;

Fabric hoop type garage shelters, , , has anyone seen any manufacturers that make a IRC (accessory bldg) compliant structure?

You mean like this?

carport-247010.jpg

12692.jpg

I am sure they do....but it will have to come with the engineering to prove it....the ones Mark shows look more "commercial" and come with stamps....Good Luck!

yes, engineered and stamped for New England area, I know the larger structures are available, but everyone is always looking for garage sized ones and I have never seen one that I can approve. If I could find one, I'd buy it myself . . .

ICE said:
Good luck getting it past a planning dept.
Interesting you say that. There would have to be a zoning regulation particularly against fabric covered structures, right?

"Good luck getting it past a planning dept."

Yankee said:
Interesting you say that. There would have to be a zoning regulation particularly against fabric covered structures, right?
It'd be the same here......good luck. Fabric and the prefab metal.........