• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Federally Certified LEED Architects/Engineers

Alias

Hello All,

It looks like the USFS building project is coming to fruitition. We have a local designer who has gotten the initial concept drawings done and ready for submittal. The stumbling block that he has encountered is that the design needs to be stamped/signed by a federally certified LEED architect/engineer.

My question is, anybody on this list have any good contacts, interested themselves, etc.?

One word of warning, I am in a very remote rural county in CA, far NE corner. We are the last county (Modoc) before you enter OR or NV. Hmmm, maybe two warnings as I mentioned CA............... :mrgreen:

Sue, where the west still lives..................gee haw! :cowboy

I would doubt that there is a federally certified architect/engineer. Suggest that whoever is requiring this provide the contact information for who is providing this certification.

Mark K said:
I would doubt that there is a federally certified architect/engineer. Suggest that whoever is requiring this provide the contact information for who is providing this certification.
Mark -

Feds are requiring it, last signature needed to fly it for approval.

According to USGBC -

http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=222

there is certification. Another wrinkle......

Sue, where the west still lives............

Gene Boecker said:
"federally" certified or "nationally" certified.(if its the former, whoever is requesting that should be "certified") lol
Gene -

Either one, national is fine by me. I just want to get this project in the pipeline before the season is over.

Just relaying the 'federal' angle from my boss, DPW & Planning Director.

Sue, where the west still lives.................:cowboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue

Call these guys

Schlumpberger Consulting Engineers, Inc

624 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mt. Shasta, CA 96067

Phone: 530-926-2605

Category: Engineering, LEED consulting,

McEntire Associates

4475 Tenaya Court, Redding, CA

(530) 245-4590 ‎

Category: landscape architecture, LEED consulting,