• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

fee waiver for schools

Jim there is a state law in georgia the exempts local schools from the requirements I have been thru this on many occasions being th BO of a meto atlanta county that builds a lot of schools. I have the information in my office if you want it i can find it monday. What we found out thru our attorneys was the structures are exempt but any buildings,trailers,utilities, etc. used by the contractors are not.

I just spent two years in SC as a special inspector for the State School Board. Local board hired and paid our fees but we were state inspectors when on the job.

Universities had a similar set up with a different state department as the AHJ.