• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Fire Marshal trumps Trump

Yea well the people get what is dished to them.

Besides paycheck I get a few percs, like stop work orders, limiting occupant load to an event.

Love those percs sometimes

I said he (trump) is an idiot in direct response to his moronic comments about a fire department/marshal doing their job to protect people.

I do not want this to turn into a political discussion as religion and politics are not allowed to be discussed here. Way too divisive. My comment was not politically motivated and was not to be an invitation to make it political.

He stated that there were lots of empty seats, I've looked for other articles and can't find anything but the fact that his rental contract limited the seating, my question is why were there empty seats, if they allowed other tenants to fully occupy the hall and limited him that would be a valid concern, on the other hand if they limited every tenant for a valid fire reason the marshals would be correct.

He has stated that if elected he's going to get rid of a lot of regulation, after all the bribery by the fire sprinkler coalition to impose fire sprinklers the fire industry needs to be hit hard, to say nothing about all the half million dollar pensions some of them receive at 50 years of age. I'd like to see the I Codes thrown out, we have no business imposing codes on the rest of the world, and we could go back to the UBC with no stupid Disability, Green, and Energy Codes.

Wonder if he has changed his mind, just heard on the radio that he and 9 others were rescued from a stalled elevator in Miami by the FD.

He stated that there were lots of empty seats, I've looked for other articles and can't find anything but the fact that his rental contract limited the seating, my question is why were there empty seats, if they allowed other tenants to fully occupy the hall and limited him that would be a valid concern, on the other hand if they limited every tenant for a valid fire reason the marshals would be correct.

He has stated that if elected he's going to get rid of a lot of regulation, after all the bribery by the fire sprinkler coalition to impose fire sprinklers the fire industry needs to be hit hard, to say nothing about all the half million dollar pensions some of them receive at 50 years of age. I'd like to see the I Codes thrown out, we have no business imposing codes on the rest of the world, and we could go back to the UBC with no stupid Disability, Green, and Energy Codes.

More than likely this is a place with loose seats and not fixed seats. Occupant load is not based on the number of chairs you can jam in a room, therefore, if they had empty chairs, they were not relevant to the situation.

It remains to be seen but pictures show the room cordoned off with crowds kept outside, is the fire marshal playing politics here? Has he limited other gatherings to the same reduced occupancy? I've been saying for some time that the codes have become political with Green and Energy Codes you are enforcing the agenda of the Green Party, if we have Green Codes shouldn't we also have Libertarian or Republican Codes? What does a Fire Marshal have to do to limit gatherings? Is he a dictator who can individually limit gatherings without documented reasoning?

It remains to be seen but pictures show the room cordoned off with crowds kept outside, is the fire marshal playing politics here? Has he limited other gatherings to the same reduced occupancy? I've been saying for some time that the codes have become political with Green and Energy Codes you are enforcing the agenda of the Green Party, if we have Green Codes shouldn't we also have Libertarian or Republican Codes? What does a Fire Marshal have to do to limit gatherings? Is he a dictator who can individually limit gatherings without documented reasoning?

Yes.... To all questions

You have to understand secret service calls more of the rules than the fire marshal.

Been there, seen the bigger badge before.

Yes.... To all questions

You have to understand secret service calls more of the rules than the fire marshal.

Been there, seen the bigger badge before.

Wow, thanks for that CDA, I guess Trump's remedy is to sue the city and the Fire Marshall, if this is the call of The Secret Service they have been corrupted by Hillary as well as the FBI, I have a neighbor who is a retired FBI agent, he is astounded that Director Comey could lay out evidence of multiple crimes and then recommend no prosecution, as I've said you can't get away from discussing politics when the codes have become political.