• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

"Fire Prevention and Protection Code" any one heard of this?

BSSTG

Gold Member
Greetings all once again,

We are in the process of recodifying our municipal ordinances and in our fire code chapter we had previously adopted this "Fire Prevention and Protection Code" edition unknown way back when. Me I've never heard of it. I'm not coming up with it in searches either.

thanks

Byron

SBCCI had a Fire Prevention Code. Never heard of a "Fire Prevention and Protection Code" is it a seperate book or part of your ordinances?

Yea I've found the Fire Prevention Code. It can still be obtained from ICC. I think this was a mistake in the ordinance. Bear in mind, we have one of the old housing codes still in effect that is not even in print anymore. I'm just glad that our city charter requires recodification every 10 years. I'm doing my dangedest to clear up a lot of this stuff.

By the way, my thanks to all on this website for helping me out with this stuff. Being the only code guy in town it's tough on an old ditch digging electrcian. Come to think of it, I miss digging ditches some time.

BS

A Google search for "Fire Prevention and Protection Code" lists many states, counties and cities that use that title