• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Fire Safety & The Green Movement

Re: Fire Safety & The Green Movement

JP:

I totally agree with us being more involved and hopefully we will. Our state had representation there for all hearings but I was appalled by the mass departure once again and let it be known to some of the “suites” there. The serious ones stayed but we were again out numbered for the votes on other important issues.

With regards to the NFPA process, there seems to be much more tweaking at committee levels to rid the process of much of the fluff and show. In my opinion it’s much more serious but the politics can still come through on occasion with a heated issue.

I understand. Politics are a reality. I also sat and saw block voting in Baltimore by "fire officials" from NY, and NJ at the ABM. Didn't think much of that. You saw it. The white shirts. I'll give them this, they are organized. Code officials can complain all they want but until they put away their differences and get organized they (we?) will reap the fruit of our un-labors.

jpranch said:
I understand. Politics are a reality. I also sat and saw block voting in Baltimore by "fire officials" from NY, and NJ at the ABM. Didn't think much of that. You saw it. The white shirts. I'll give them this, they are organized. Code officials can complain all they want but until they put away their differences and get organized they (we?) will reap the fruit of our un-labors.
Nothing against my Fire Service Brothers but the Fire Service has worked a lot of years getting their s41t together.