• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

First time I had to take off my clothes to do an inspection!

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Did I mention it was a hospital OR renovation in a sterile area of the hospital so to get to it I had to go in the locker room and gown up with booties, hair net and all.

I have had to wear stuff in food processing plants that went over my clothes but never had to change my clothes before.

I was doing some OR work and looked like the freaking popin fresh dough boy. Thankfully, nobody had a camera to capture the precious moment.

Worked with an inspector that had to return to the office to calm down after an almost inspection. The lady homeowned answered the door wearing a smile...

And slippers.

Ah hell the stories I could tell. Jeff, when I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about a nudist colony!

Had a builder tell my plumbing inspector he had to take off his shoes. His response was.....you just failed your final....call to re-schedule.

The builder then let him in.

Don't you think inspections should be performed on our terms.......rather than the applicant?

DAYWALKER said:
Don't you think inspections should be performed on our terms.......rather than the applicant?
Not necessarily, it is a delicate balance that has to have respect from both sides. I don't like muddy, snowy days for finals but most builders already have the building floors covered anyway. I have taken my shoes off but draw the line when I have to walk in the basement and go up into the attic. I have used booties but snow melts right through them and still gets the floor wet.

Our terms on the significant issues - but I have no problem taking my shoes off before I enter a perfectly cleaned and prepped home with new carpet and wood floors to do a final. Especially when my previous inspection was a foundation wall, ankle deep in mud.

He did not do the inspection. Poor guy could hardly talk much less breath. He was just "a po' ol' country boy" never saw anything like in his life. Took the rest of the day to get him calmed down and breathing regular.

Jeff, lmao! So here we go... Large addition on a beautiful custom home. Final Inspection. The owner who was built like a brick outhouse answers the door in a tee shirt. After inspecting the finished basement portion she proceeds telling me how very lonely she is witth her husband out of town. She made it a point to go up the basement stairs in front of me! Lord knows I have a lot of faults but infidelity has never been one of them. Soooo... I got the hell out of there!

We will not send an inspector by himself to do an inspection at an existing residence if a lone female will be there. Yes we ask who and how many will be home before we schedule. A false accusation will ruin a mans live.

Jeff, next time you have to do one of these, bring one of your infamous avatars with and I will meet you there so I can...ummmm...hold your clipboard for you.

It's the very least I could do...

That's all well and good but you never really know who is going to be there until your on site? Besides there are some real crazies out there where the husband is on site as well and wants to share. I don't mean to be graphic here but there are some sick souls among us.

mtlogcabin said:
We will not send an inspector by himself to do an inspection at an existing residence if a lone female will be there. Yes we ask who and how many will be home before we schedule. A false accusation will ruin a mans live.
Maybe your department should come out of the 19th century and hire a qualified woman.